Easy Bake Ovens are small, plastic ovens that are a children’s toy. They do actually bake small desserts using a light-bulb or sealed-in heating element.
You will need to periodically clean your Easy Bake Oven, including inside the baking compartment.
Turn off the Easy Bake Oven before you clean it. You will use solutions that include water, so it is critically important that the oven is not on or near any electrical source.
- If you are a child, do not try to clean the Easy Bake Oven by yourself. Ask a parent or other adult to help you do it. Easy Bake Ovens are recommended for children over 8.
- Never, ever use a plugged in oven around water.
Gather the items you need to clean the Easy Bake Oven. Put the oven on a towel when cleaning it so you don’t get the floor wet. You might want to clean it outside on a patio or sidewalk.
- Don’t forget to clean the other parts of the oven, such as the spatula, cupcake pan, and baking pan. The toymaker recommends that you hand-wash and dry all pans and tools before using them for the first time and after baking.
- The Easy Bake Oven works by putting baking mix on a tray you insert with a plastic spatula into the baking compartment on the side of the oven.
Keep the Easy Bake Oven intact. You probably won’t need to take the oven apart for cleaning. In fact, most pieces of the oven are not supposed to be removed. Instead, try covering the baking pan with aluminum foil when baking to reduce the chances of spills.
- You can’t use a regular screwdriver to take apart the Easy Bake Oven. You do use a standard Phillips screwdriver to take off the panel at the bottom of the oven in order to change the lightbulb.
- The other parts of the oven are not designed to be removed. That’s why the screws won’t work with most common household screwdrivers. You would need a specialized screw driver to take the other pieces of the oven apart.